1. Quality -We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and services
2. Integrity – We are committed to doing what is in the best interest of the customer, even if it means sacrificing profit.
3. Service -We don’t exist without our customers so we are committed to providing our customers with the highest level of customer service in our industry.
4. People -We are committed to hiring and training the best people in the industry, we believe if you want to be the best you have to have the best people and we feel that we do.
5. Trust – Takes years to earn, seconds to break, and forever to repair. We are committed to working everyday to earn and keep your trust.
As a family owned company, we are committed to providing the highest quality products and services to ensure your business is successful and remains profitable.
Birdsall Grain & Seed is located 4 miles west of Berthold, ND on land that was settled by Ed and Alberta Birdsall in 1905. The farm continued with the 2nd generation of three brothers, Don, Leon, and Herb Birdsall. The third generation was brothers Ralph and Russell Birdsall, and it is currently owned and operated by Mark and Colleen Birdsall and Blake and Danae Inman.
Mark raised his first crop for seed production in 1981 (spring wheat seed). It was the beginning of the seed business and also the start of a learning process that continues today.
Our first seed conditioning plant was built in 1991 with a friend and neighbor. It was the first plant in the area with a gravity table as part of the equipment. The gravity table was a game changer and increased the quality of seed throughout the area. As the business grew, we outgrew the plant and location and built a new plant on the original farmstead west of Berthold.
The business has now expanded to an additional new, state of the art conditioning facility with color sorting capabilities, as well as packaging facilities. The color sorter has improved the quality of seed and processing to a new level. Our seed business has expanded over the years and includes working with many different companies including AgriPro/Syngenta, WestBred, 21st Century Genetics, Limagrain, Champion, NorthStar, Proseed, Meridian, and Integra, as well as public breeding such as NDSU, NDCISA, and many more companies. We have also grown into a full-service agronomy center providing crop protection, dry and NH3 fertilizer with blending, and custom application.
Our newest venture is joint ownership of our own genetics company, Premier Genetics LLC. We will have more information in the future about this business going forward.
Birdsall Grain & Seed has a long history of seed production and providing products and services that we have put to the test on our own farm. Our motto, “A Farmer’s Seed and Agronomy Company”, reminds us daily that our business is built around satisfying the needs of our customers with information we have learned over a long legacy on our own farm.